The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Friday, January 8, 2010

DONT TOUCH ETHANS ROCKET!


So those of you that have face book, you may have noticed a update that I posted a few days ago about Ethan making friends at the park... Let me tell you what happened. We went to the park, and brought 2 trucks that his Gpa and Gma Wood gave him, and brought his rocket. Well there were some kids there that wanted to play with his trucks and Ethan was more then willing to let them. So they played for a good 2 hours, going up the slide, swinging and burrying the trucks. Then they wanted to push the trucks down the big swirly slide, so they all go up there and push the trucks down. After they did that one kid turns to Ethan and says "put Rocket down the slide".. Ethan said "No, its my Rocket, not push down the slide".... Well that kid wanted Rocket to go down the slide... so he tried to take it from Ethan. As the kid started to grab Rocket, I started to tell the little boy to let go, because that was Ethans rocket, and you do not touch Ethans rocket... but I was too late... Ethan took matters into his own hands and pushed the kid down the slide... I was kinda upset at Ethan for a min, I told him he cant push people.. as I was talking to Ethan, the mom of the other kid walks over and yelled at me. She said that I needed to teach Ethan how to share.... I looked at her like she was CRAZY... Really lady... Ethan had been sharing his trucks with them for the last 2 hours! I was soooo angry. Here I was punishing Ethan for pushing someone down the slide, and this lady was telling me how to discipline my son. So they left the park (the little boy was fine by the way... he wasn't even crying) I was going to take Ethan home right then, but I felt like he understood that he cant push people down the slide. I didn't want to punish him any more then I already had, I mean... can you blame him? He told the kid No... and then just defended himself. lol. Am I a bad mom for thinking that way? 
Well.... that's what happened 2 days ago, so yesterday we went to the park again, but this time left rocket at home and brought his BALLOON! :) He had fun with his Balloon... until it popped! lol. But nevertheless it was a nice day at the park.. below are a few pictures.
 

 We love our SWINGING pictures!
 
Ethan swinging with the balloon. He put it in between his legs to hold it in place!
 
Climbing up the slide with his balloon
 
 I posted this because I love his face, hes like "what are you doing mommy"
 
Sitting under the slide with his balloon
 
 .... and it popped! He was not too happy. When he realized I couldn't fix it he set it on the ground and said the balloon was sleeping. lol
 
 Exhausted from a long day at the park!

2 comments:

  1. you should've told that lady that no means no and she should probably talk to her kid about it before he turns into a rapist.

    hahahahahahahaha!!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I think you handled it well...that other mom needs to calm down. Have you seen her at the park since then? She's the one who needs to teach her kid how to share, lol!
    I love those pictures of Ethan playing with the balloon...I was laughing so hard! He is so cute! I like how he said it was sleeping :)
    Love you Mal!!

    ReplyDelete