The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Family


I feel so lucky to have such wonderful siblings. Being away from them is so hard for me because I have always been so close to all of them. This post is just to BRAG about how awesome my brother and sisters are. :)
Missy- My Hero



My older sister Missy. You know in a normal society an older sister usually is that sibling that teaches the younger sister how to do her hair, put on make-up, or talk to boys...... Well Missy didn't teach me any of that! :) Instead she taught me how to be tough, climb trees, throw a ball... anything NOT GIRLY I have learned from my older sister. And I wouldn't have it any other way. She is one of the toughest women I have ever met, I would like to think thats where I learned to be tough, is from Missy. But dont get me wrong, when Missy wants to be all girly, she can. She is so beautiful and has taught me so much about life, and how to be a great mother! Missy... you are my Hero, you have done so much, taught me so much about life and I hope to be as great as you are in every aspect of my life! I love you!

Nathan- My Inspiration

My older brother Nathan, or Nate as we like to call him. Most people who know Nate would say he is Shy, Quiet and Reserved..... But Missy, Meg and I know better. My brother is LOUD, HILARIOUSLY GOOFY, and very COMPETITIVE behind closed doors. :) My brother has always been out numbered in our family. Always surrounded by girls, and that is why I think he is the most compassionate man I have ever known. He looks through peoples faults and finds everything good in them. My brother is an extremely hard worker, and is just as smart. He has helped me through school, and in life. He may not know this but he has had such an impact on me. I love when he calls just to ask if i am doing okay. He is the brother every sister wants. Brother, you inspire me to be a better person, and inspire me to work hard. Thanks for being the greatest brother any sister could ask for. I love you!

Megan- My Best Friend



My baby sister Megan. Because she the youngest sibling, she automatically gets picked on by Missy, Nate and I. But we learned fast that Megan is a little spit fire. You pick on her, she will come right back and pick on you. Megan and I have always been really close. Even though we fought and would argue more then Missy or Nate, Meg and I have always known when the other needed a hug, or a good laugh. That is one thing I can always count on from Meg, a good laugh. She can get me out of any angry mood, just by doing a silly look or acting all crazy! Megan has always been about family. If you ask Russ, Becca or Casey about Megan loving and caring for our family, Im sure they could all tell you that, that is what Megan is all about. FAMILY. She has been such a great aunt for Riley, Cameron, Ryan, Ethan, Allie and Cooper. All of them love her and love to be with her. Megan... You are my best friend, and I can tell you anything and I know that you wont judge me differently.You listen to me and help me be my best. Your smile can make anyone's day. I love you.

Mom and Dad

Thank you for giving me such great siblings! Thank you for finding each other, getting married, and raising us kids. I know I pushed your buttons, gave you gray hair, and pretty much took you on a roller coaster ride. I love you both and am so thankful to be apart of this family. We may not have it all together, but together we have it all. :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love Nate. And I love the gorgeous family I married into!! Great post, Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crying as I was reading this. I love you Mal! We have the best family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Four Red Chairs. Enjoyed this post!

    -Casey from www.thestarnesfam.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a sweet post. I enjoyed reading it. You do have a pretty awesome family!

    ReplyDelete