The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brussels Sprouts!!!!

So lately I have been cooking a lot more with vegetables! I never thought I would like some of the things I am eating now! :) One of which is Brussels sprouts! I LOVE BRUSSELS SPROUTS! I have cooked them a few times and Russ even likes them now! So I just wanted to share this delicious Brussels Sprout side, or appetizer!
What you need :
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
1/4 Onion (we use red onions because they are sweeter)
4-6 Slices of bacon
Olive oil

So all you do is peel and cut Brussels sprouts. Then boil them for about 5-7 mins. Then drain!
Then cut up bacon and onion into how ever size you would like. ( I do all different sizes, long pieces and cubes)
Throw the bacon and onion on the stove in a sate pan, and sate for 5 mins, then add Brussels sprouts. Just let them cook until the bacon is cooked fully and the Brussels sprouts are soft to your taste.
And then put it into a bowl and toss a little olive oil in there to taste!
And if you want, you can get some bread, I use sourdough, slice it up and put some cheese on there and broil it for a 1-2 mins, until the cheese is melted. You can serve it on that!
Or you can just serve the Brussels sprouts as a side!


This is my favorite little app to make! Its so delicious!
Yummmm I cant wait until pay day! I'm going to buy like 3 lbs of Brussels sprouts so I can make a huge bowl of it!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had brussel sprouts before...I'll have to try them for sure! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had them either. But that actually sounds like a great recipe.

    Your last sentence was my favorite, "I cant wait until pay day! I'm going to buy like 3 lbs of Brussels sprouts so I can make a huge bowl of it!" Hahahaha!

    Congrats again on the baby, I'm so excited for you. Hopefully Russ can skype in if he's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Good job, Mal! And congrats on your pregnancy, I don't think I've told you yet!!! SO excited for your sweet family to have another adorable baby! You're going to love being a family of FOUR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy you totally need to try them! You too Cami! They are so delicious! :) And I said that in my last sentance because its true!!!! I cant wait until pay day! lol I love to eat. lol. and this baby loves brussels sprouts!
    Thanks Becca! We are totally excited... hopefully Ethan will come around and be exicted too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. aren't these asparagus? How do you peel a brussel sprout? They look like mini cabages...but from the pictures this looks like asparagus! Either way...they BOTH are YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete