The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Here are a few of Ethans Favorite Things!

My sisters Missy and Becca did this once with their kids and I thought it was super cute. So I decided to do it with Ethan. I had him sit next to me and answer some questions about what he liked... So here are some of Ethan's Favorite Things

Whats your favorite color?
Yellow (I asked him why) Because its a hot color.

Whats your favorite movie?
ummmm... RUGRATS, they are babies (then he started talking to fast, and all I got out of it was Dinosaur, and Reptar)

Whats your favorite toy?
Playdoh, and my Flashlights! (Ethan has a vast collection of flashlights.. his papa Griffith brings him a new one every time he comes to visit)

(here's one of his head flashlights!)

Whats your favorite picture?
(he runs over to a picture of Russ and I cutting our cake at our wedding) THIS ONE!!! You look like a princess mommy!

Whats your favorite song?
(he immediately starts singing...) Twinkle Twinkle little star....

Whats your favorite shape?
STAR!!! (like mother like son!)

Whats your favorite food?
(counting on his fingers) Pop tarts, Cheetos, chocolate milk, eggs, and Mommy's cookies....
(I know right, Ethan eats nothing but junk food... and eggs!)

Who is your favorite book?
(runs to his room) This one! It has mickey mouse and little Einsteins! (its a book with over 50 playhouse Disney stories)

Whats your favorite show on the big TV? (that's just our  regular TV, I asked him his favorite show, but he said rugrats again... he calls our TV the BIG TV, so that's how I had to ask him!)
Team Umizomi! MIGHTY MATH POWER and CRAZY SHAKE! (lol, that's what they say on the show)

So there are some of his favorite things... here is a list of Ethan "sayings" that he says all the time or he said once, but stuck with me because it was funny.
.. I cant go in there its SPOOKY!
That's just not right... not right.
Peee yuuu, I farted, ha ha ha its stinky too. (as he is showing his butt to me)
(i asked him if he would go potty on the big potty this was his response) I don't want to make my poop splash!
Oh mommy, give me a kiss, a squeeze and a headbutt... (he says this to me all the time, randomly)
(if he ever hurts him self, he comes up to me and has me kiss it better, but if I don't kiss the right spot he will say this over and over) Nope, you missed it, nope you missed it, nope that's not right...
(if anyone ever calls him some thing except Ethan, like cutie patutie he always replies) I'm not cutie patutie, I'm Ethan. (this happened a lot at Halloween) I'm not buzz lightyear, I'm Ethan.
(a homeless man asked Ethan for some money this was his response) No, you need to go home.
(gma wood bought Ethan some buzz lightyear pajamas, and he will not wear them) I cant wear my costume to bed! (he was buzz for Halloween...lol)
(if he likes what hes eating he always says) ohhh this is licious. (that's delicious Ethan) Yeah LICIOUS.
(getting into the car this is what he says) I can do it, I can do it, Ill buckle it. (he gets really REALLY mad if you do it for him)
(I asked Ethan if he knew what daddy does at work) Yep, he fights bad guys.
Things I love about Ethan
When ever he watches a movie or show, he gets so into it! He is super emotional, so if its sad he will get really concerned, and say "oh no mommy look".. then if it goes happy he will start giggling and say "oh its all right"
His amazing ability to remember songs! He can sing about every song on my ipone.
Also his amazing ability to learn! He is quite smart for 3yrs old.

(he loves doing is workbook that gma wood got him)
He always gives me hugs and kisses.
He likes all the same things I like!
He loves to have conversations with me!
He loves to be outside and active all the time!
He loves to play the piano with me!
He has given me a kiss, headbutt and squeeze every night before bed since he was little. (i hope that never stops)
And everything else about my man! He brings a smile to my face (most of the time lol) and I couldn't be a more proud mommy.


PS Mommy Dearest..... Ethan says he looks "pretty awesome" with his hair in a mow hawk. So we are going to have to do it again, sorry!!!!

4 comments:

  1. CUTE!
    ps. I love Newsies! Seize the Day was playing while I read your blog. It was awesome. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cute post, I've done this with Miles a couple of times. I love hearing their responses, 3 year olds are so funny! I loved seeing the pics from the Marine Corps Ball as well.

    And your post on faith was so sweet and beautiful and TRUE! I'm glad you and the "peanut" are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUNNY...except the part about the mohawk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I love this post! Ethan is so funny! I need to do this with my kids. Love you Sissy!!!

    ReplyDelete