The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

1 Year Ago Today!

Nov 30th, 2009 Ethan and I walked into our new home in Oceanside, California! Russ had already been staying in it for a few days before we got there... so it wasn't new to him... lol.
To think its been one year since we moved to Cali is crazy. Its been a fast year! I remember how excited we were to leave Utah! (now it seems crazy that I ever wanted to leave Utah!) This would be my first time that I would be living away from my parents... we had always lived in West Jordan, or South Jordan. So I was only ever 5 minutes away from my parents house! So we were pretty excited to do things on our own...
Here are some pictures of our first weeks here in Cali.
I remember my first time going down to the beach with Ethan. He was so excited to be so close to the beach. We went and played in the water (you can do that in November in Cali) for a long time!
The waves were a little strong so I had to hold him to make sure he didn't fall over.
The park is super close to our house, the first time we went there Ethan freaked out! He loved the BIG dinosaur slide. He still loves that slide. We have spent many hours playing at the park.
He is such a ham...

We were also SUPER excited to have In and Out Burger so close to our house! :) They are everywhere in Cali so that was nice. Russ and love that place.
My dad came down a week later in his truck and brought down some essentials that we needed. He wanted to go to the beach so we took him down there.
Ethan was trying to take a picture of me while I was taking a picture of them
When we got back from the beach that day, Gma and Gpa Griffith sent a little surprise in Ethan's drawers... He got a stuffed Rocket.. we didn't know then that this Rocket would be Ethan's FAVORITE thing! He took this rocket every where!
Ethan and his Rocket
I remember taking Ethan to the mall to play in the playground. That was super fun.. he loves playgrounds.

Driving the bus at the mall, he freaked out when I put money in it to make it move. lol. He just liked to pretend I guess.
When we got to Cali, his new obsession was Cheetos. He had to have them!
Ohhhh Cheese...
I got us a season pass to the San Diego Zoo the week we got to Cali. Ethan loves animals, and we still love going.
Ethan loved that Hippo thing...

This would be the First of MANY sky ride pictures at the Zoo.

He looks so young in these pictures! We did all these activities the first month we were here!
So one year gone..... Its amazing how time really does fly. Next year will be pretty exciting. New baby, moving back to Utah for a while, and Russ first deployment!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it's been a year! Crazy! That picture of Ethan on the hippo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, you are coming back to Utah for a bit? YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! Oh and I noticed that you have Glee music on.... I LOVE GLEE!

    ReplyDelete