The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful December

So my wonderfully awesome cousin Kasie does a Thankful List every December, and this year she has decided to do it on her blog, and encouraged us to do the same. So I'm going to do it. Every day you post what you are thankful for and the amount of items correlates to the day. So today I post 1 thing I'm thankful for, tomorrow it will be 2, then 3, and so on. This is such a great idea and I cant thank Kasie enough for posting about this. I'm so excited to look back on this and see what I have been thankful for!

So Thankful thing for December 1st:
I'm so thankful for Christmas Music. lol. That may be a silly thing to be thankful for but I don't care. I'm truly am thankful for it. Mostly because it can put a smile on my face. I love the pure happiness Christmas Music can bring you. I remember growing up, right after Thanksgiving, my mom would have us put up the Christmas stuff, and she would always play Christmas music. It was on ALL DAY, except when she taught piano. And it was always the Classic singers, like Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Ella Fitsgerald, and many others... I absolutely loved it. So now, living so far away from my family, listening to Christmas music makes me feel right at home. :)  It totally warms my heart and reminds me of wonderful Christmas's I shared with my family.
I have been playing it as much as I can during the day here in Cali, but Ethan gets sick of it. lol. I just smile and sing it to him, which makes him even more angry.... so I end up turning it off. But even just a few minutes of music can turn my day around! So I changed my music to Christmas music on the blog. I hope when you read my posts you can smile and sing along as I do.
Thank you Christmas Music!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to read your list! And I am also grateful for Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete