The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Friday, December 3, 2010

Uh.. I already screwed that up!

So I thought yesterday was the 1st! lol. Oh boy... pregnancy can make you crazy! So I'm not going to be home tonight, I'm taking Ethan to Balboa Park! They have this thing called December Nights every year, were they do shows, activities and have lots of lights, and its FREE! So I'm going to post my thankful stuff now! And since today is the 3rd, not the 2nd.. I will do both so I can be caught up! lol.

Thankful things for December 2nd:
1- I'm thankful for who ever invented Skye. That has been something so wonderful for our family. Since we have moved to Cali, Ethan has been able to see and talk to his grandparents, Aunts, uncles and cousins. What a blessing this is! Especially for Ethan, he loves his grandparents so much! So for him to be able to see them every week or so is so awesome!

2- I'm thankful that our family has 2 cars. Although payments are a pain, it has allowed Ethan and I to go have adventures every day! Since Russ works 12 hour days, if we didn't have 2 cars, we would be stuck at home all day, and if you know us, we hate being inside. Ethan loves to go places just as much as I do. So I'm so thankful that we are able to have 2 cars. (like tonight, we are going to Balboa Park in our car)

Thankful things for December 3rd:
1-I'm thankful for my son Ethan. He is the greatest blessing. Everything about him makes me smile. Sometimes he can be a little annoying, or get me upset, but that's okay. He has his ways of making me feel better, like telling me to give him a kiss, headbutt and squeeze. He is who he is, and I love him for that. He may look like Russ, but his personality is so similar to mine. I could spend all day talking about how thankful I am for him, but I will just keep this short and sweet. He is my boy, my sweet little boy and has blessed my life in so many ways. I love you Ethan, and am so very thankful for your sweet spirit.

2-I'm thankful for my imperfections. Crazy thing to be thankful for huh... well I am. I'm thankful for them because I can learn from them. Everything I have done wrong, I have learned from. With out imperfections, we can never be perfect, because we have nothing to learn from. So here's to you imperfections. You have made my life horrible at times, but I am thankful for the lesson it has taught me.

3-I'm thankful for the Military. Not only because we are a Military family, but because it has changed Russ life. He was never a person to stick to what he was doing, and would procrastinate a whole lot. The Military has changed that. It also has given us a place to live, work, and play. We are truly blessed because of this. It has also helped me realize there is a much bigger world out there who needs our help. We are so blessed to live here in this country and I think a lot of people forget that. So thank you Military, all Military for providing a safe environment for my son, and for giving our family a new life!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for doing this with me! Hey . . . I don't know why I am so stupid and totally didn't think of you guys. The girl who runs hip2save.com is also a military wife and she always puts up tons of free things and good discounts for military familes! Go to the website and then search "military" on the right hand side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for the people who serve in the military. Russ is amazing! Thanks for working so hard for everyone in this country! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete