The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Nights!

Last night I took Ethan to San Diego's December Nights at Balboa Park! It was super fun, but it was pretty hard to go look in the museums because it was just me and Ethan, and we had our stroller, but you couldn't take it in the museums. I really didn't want to leave it alone out side, so we mainly just walked around. There was only one museum that had watched stroller parking, so me and Ethan went into that one. It was pretty cool, it had loads of dinosaur bones, and some earth stuff to teach kids. So here are some pictures from last night. There's more on my facebook page, and a video too. So go check that out!
Ethan and I at the Artist Block, that was my favorite spot, it was so amazing to see all the different art work!

No trip out with me would be complete unless Ethan got some kind of a light up toy!

This was the banner in front of the Artist Block.

Inside the museum, Ethan was playing with all the earth stuff. He liked this one the best because it showed how Volcano's erupt!

This is while we were ridding the Balboa train. The haze in smog! It looks like snow... but its just smog. Check out my video on facebook to see it better!

After December Nights, I stopped off at the San Diego Temple. Ethan calls it the BIG CASTLE... it was lit up with lights, nothing as great as SLC Temple, but still, it was beautiful!

Thankful things for December 4th
1-I'm very thankful for my Mommy Dearest! I love that I can call her 3-4 times a day about nonsense things, or to ask her how to cook some food, or just some advice for being a mom. She is the best mom. People wonder why I call her Mommy Dearest, because if you have seen the movie you would wonder too... lol. I was watching it with her one day, it was when I was in my rebellion stage, and I was amazed how crazy and scary Joan Crawford, that's the mom, was to her daughter. She yelled and beat her because she had wire hangers in her closet. I always thought mom was hard on me, but holy cow, so I laughed and told my mom that I have it EASY! She really does love me so much, and would never do anything like that, but I started calling her Mommy Dearest as an inside joke, and it just stuck. lol. So that's the story!
Mom, I'm so very thankful that you can accept me for who I am and can laugh at the silly things I say. That really means so much to me. You are an amazing women and I strive to be more and more like you every day. (that's why I call so much lol) I'm blessed to have you as my mother. You will always be the BEST Mommy Dearest! I love you!

2-Im thankful for pregnancy pants! lol. They are so comfortable, and even though I shouldn't be showing a whole lot, the baby fat is mixing with my normal fat, so I have a huge belly! It looks like Im already 6 months! So I cant wear any regular jeans, they hurt my fat. lol. Pregnancy pants are amazing. They look like real jeans, and they are super cute. So thank pregnancy pants for being so comfortable!

3-I'm thankful for my reading teacher from 3rd grade. I was a horrible reader growing up. I pretty much couldn't read, so I had a resource class to help me read. My resource teacher, I cant remember her name, was amazing. She helped me so much, and because of her I love to read now! :) So thank you to all the resource teachers out there who helped out kids like me who couldn't read well! I absolutely love to read now, I can get lost in a book for hours!

4-I'm thankful for my pink blanket. My Grandma Riley made me a blanket when I was 11 yrs old for Christmas one year. It has not left my side since. I have it on my legs right now actually! Its been with me on on vacations, long drives, and I sleep with it every night. Russ wants to burn it. lol. He gets mad because at bedtime I start off under our blanket that we share, then when hes sleeping I put my pink blanket over me. I will always have this comfort blanket!

2 comments:

  1. I love pregnancy pants . . . maybe a little too much! I would wear them every single day if I didn't feel like such a lame-o!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny, Mal! I love reading your posts. I have to disagree with you on the pregancy pants though...I hate them, haha!
    That December Nights thing looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete