The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tattoos, Nap Time, and Pillow Pets!

Okay so today I was a little frustrated with Russ because he insists on giving Ethan early Christmas presents. We differ a lot on this subject.. the only Christmas present that I think should be given early is pajamas, which are given on Christmas Eve. Call me a stickler... but that's just how I think it should be. Well Russ thinks otherwise... He said I can do with my presents how I see fit, and he can give his out whenever... So today Russ gave Ethan one of his presents... A Pillow Pet. Ethan has wanted one of these for a while now... and I was going to give it to him Christmas eve, along with pajamas. But Russ had to give it to him today... uh. Last year... Ethan opened almost ALL his presents early... I was so mad.... But Ethan loved it.
So here are my 12:

1-I guess I shared this because I'm thankful that Russ really wants to please Ethan when he can. I think that's why he so set on giving Ethan presents early. Weather I like it or not... this is a father son thing. lol. I guess I will just have to get use to this.

2-Pillow Pets... This is such a cute idea, epically if your child likes big stuffed animals. (which Ethan has always loved). So like I said, Russ got him this today. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet but this is what it looks like.

he got this cute penguin. Hes sleeping with it right now.

3-I'm thankful that my mom found my Seminary Scriptures. They are the only scriptures that I have ever really "used". They are pretty much falling a part, but I love it. I have been behind on the reading challenge that my sister Becca started, but I'm trying. :) I have so many good notes and quotes in there. One of my favorites that I wrote in there is from January 2001
"Truly of all the errors mortals can make, Gods plan of Salvation is the wrong thing to be wrong about" - Elder Maxwell...

4- I'm thankful for blogging... To quote my cousin Kamie "what did we do before... srcapbooking??" lol. Its so true though. Blogging is amazing. Its such a good way to keep track of life and to tell stories. I'm going to make a book of my blogs this year like my sister did last year. I'm so excited!

5-Nap Time. I love when Russ and Ethan take naps together. I love seeing my husbands arms wrapped around my son, like he is trying to protect him. Its the most beautiful site.
6- I'm thankful for the Small Things. I know that's not specific, but my small things are totally different then someone else. For example, I'm thankful for the smile I get from Russ right when he walks though the door when I haven't seen him for 2 weeks. Stuff like that. I love the small things that keep my day happy.

7- I'm thankful for the Celtic Women's song The Voice. You know how some songs just speak to you. Well this song gives me great comfort when I hear it. I don't know what its suppose to be about, but to me it speaks to me about our Savior... I don't know why.. but it does. Its such a beautiful song. Here it is if you want to listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqQnhBtxaI

8-I'm very thankful for all the crafts my mom makes me. She is so crafty. Lol. I love family block she made, and my wedding book. She is so talented. I love my crafts!

9- Along with that.. I'm thankful that I have some what an ability to paint. I love painting. Its so fun for me. I have been able to paint for my family, and that's really neat for me. I love sharing my art with people. My sister Missy has my very first painting I ever did. I love seeing it hung in her house every time I visit.

10- My Strong Family Unit. MANY people said that they didn't think Russ and I would last... They said we rushed into marriage and that it would never work. Well I'm here to say that are family is stronger then ever. We knew it would be a hard few years... they really are hard still.. but that doesn't effect us. We love each other and love Ethan more then anything. I'm so lucky to have been brought up in a strong family. So that is how my family will be. :)

11- I'm thankful for my tattoos. I say this because.. its a constant reminder of what I WAS like. Some one I hope to never be like again. Its a permanent reminder of my mistakes... which I grow from everyday still.

12- Along with that... I'm so thankful for my health. I have always been a sick girl. As a baby, though high school... but I always pull though...  I did some dumb stuff that made my health even worse, but still pulled though that. I'm very lucky to have the health I do today, although its not the healthiest I can be, its still so much better then I was. I'm so blessed to be given a strong body. So thankful for my health... every day, very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment