The Bringhurst Family

The Bringhurst Family
Russ, Mal, and Ethan

Friday, November 26, 2010

T.D. Dinner!

So I made our Thanksgiving Day Dinner! Russ said it was delicious, he ate so much he got a tummy ache. lol. Poor Ethan has been sick so he didn't eat anything. He actually threw up early in the morning while eating a banana on Wednesday, then he threw up all over his bed that night, and ended up sleeping with me, Russ went and slept on the couch because, we all are moving sleepers... We all move like crazy when we sleep, so 3 on our bed would not work. lol. So Ethan slept with me, luckily he did not throw up. :) He was okay enough to help me cook a little... I love when he helps me cook! And after T.D. dinner Ethan and I sat and watched Miracle on 34th Street. I love that movie... Ive been trying to get Ethan to like Santa enough to go sit on his lap.. so I can get a picture! So we watched that movie, and I showed him how the kids sat on his lap and were happy... but it was no good. He just does not trust Santa... lol.
So I took pictures of our Thanksgiving... Here they are!!!
So there are my Mommy Dearests Yams, Some Au Gratin potatoes, and stuffing...

Hawaiian Rolls, our Hormel Turkey with gravy, and my Cranberry jelly!

\
The Hormel Turkey and Gravy was perfect, just the right amount for Russ and I.

The finished product... I tried to get one of Russ, but he ate it all by the time I got to him... lol

my cooking thumbs up!!! :)
 
Russ and I LOVE sparking cider, we both can drink 3 bottles to ourselves really.. but I got this bottle for us to share... Notice the Cowboys jerseys... they had a hard loss yesterday.. they almost won.. but no luck.

This is where Ethan was while we were eating... he wouldn't eat anything! He didn't feel good, so Russ said that was normal... but I felt so bad, I kept bugging him to come eat, but he wouldn't!

So that's my cheap T.D. Dinner! Here is what everything costs!

Yams 1 can: .96
Marsh mellows: 1.00
Stuffing: free, I already had a box.. :) but that only cost 1.00 too...
Au Gratin: .98
Cranberry Jelly: .60
Rolls: 2.00
Sparkling cider: 2.00
Cookies: 2.75
Hormel Turkey: 4.98

So that's a $15.27 Thanksgiving Dinner! :) Thanks mommy dearest for teaching me some cheap solutions! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful T.D. We can wait to come see you all in December!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Poor Ethan :( I'm glad that he is feeling better now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete